The Office of the Vice President for Research provides resources and education to the Ohio State research community for the identification and dissemination of extramural funding opportunities. Read more
NOTE: Effective July 1, 2012, Ohio State will transition from the COS Pivot (Community of Science) funding opportunities database to InfoEd SPIN. The recent substantial increase in the subscription price of COS Pivot led us to investigate other alternatives. SPIN was selected because it offers similar functionality in funding searches and alerts at a fraction of the cost of COS. InfoEd SPIN is now live. After July 1, COS Pivot will no longer be accessible.
InfoEd SPIN Funding Search
- Search for Funding Opportunities
- SMARTS/GENUIS Profile
- Set up daily alerts for funding announcements, track relevant opportunities
Limited Submission Opportunities
The Office of Research maintains a database of limited submission programs. Learn about limited submission programs, notable programs (programs Ohio State researchers should definitely apply for) and nomination programs (prizes and awards).
- Limited Submission, Notable, Nominated
- Search for special funding opportunities
- View Limited Submission, Award, and Prize Report
Other Funding Opportunities
Funding Opportunities Internal to Ohio State
- American Cancer Society / OSU Comprehensive Cancer Center
The OSU Comprehensive Cancer Center is offering American Cancer Society-supported seed grants of up to $30,000 for the period of March 1, 2013 through February 28, 2014 to independent junior faculty and their equivalent. The seed funds support the initiation of cancer research projects for investigators to obtain preliminary results that will enable them to compete successfully for national research grants. Past applicants who did not receive funding are encouraged to resubmit. Current awardees may apply for a renewal of their currently funded projects.
- Submit completed applications via email to email@example.com no later than Thursday, January 3, 2013 by 5:00 PM.
- Go to cancer.osu.edu/research/cancerresearch/funding/forms/pages/index.aspx to access the Request for Application and the Application Template.
- Questions may be addressed to Michelle George firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-293-8610.
- Center for Emergent Materials Seed Funding Program
- Center for Clinical and Translational Science (CCTS)
- Battelle Endowment for Technology and Human Affairs
- Mershon Center for International Security Studies
- OARDC Research Enhancement Competitive Grants
- Outreach & Engagement
- TELR Personal Development Grants
- Pilot and Collaborative Translational and Clinical Studies Program (RFA)
Additional Funding Sources